Re: Straw Poll: External MIDI

tim hall wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to take a straw poll on how many Linux Audio users make use of external MIDI devices. As a straight hands-up would be unlikely to yield useful results, perhaps people could suggest what percentage of external-MIDI-users exist within the LAU group. (As of Jan 06, say)

Additional comments re: problems encountered whilst configuring MIDI are welcomed, but please start a new thread if you want to make bugreports.

Thankyou, It would be useful for me to be able to formulate some kind of definitive answer on this subject.
On my desktop machine:

   SBLive Value with MIDI interface adapter
   2 Yamaha TX802 FM synths
   1 DMP11 mixer

On the laptop:

   MidiSport2x2
   Kawai K4r

But the truth is that I rarely use the synths anymore. If I can get FM7 running under WINE or fst then I'll probably sell the 802s.

No problems configuring either interface. Slight difficulties re: USB MIDI were resolved thanks to Clemens' advice here on LAU.

Best,

dp