Re: Re: 192kHz

Michael T D Nelson wrote:

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:

Michael T D Nelson escribe:

The "bickering about the dynamics of CDs" could be partly due to the production used in lots of CDs - there is often a tendency to overcompress popular music (in particular) to ridiculous levels, reducing the dynamic range considerably.

[1]This is the best article I've ever read about this issue

1. http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/articles/8A133F52D0FD71AB86256C2E005DAF1C

Cordially, Ismael

I've read that article (and I've heard the Rush CDs!) and I couldn't agree more.

In general, I can't help but feel that if the engineer always needs to compress a acoustic recording, then the musician should really learn how to control the dynamics of his performance better.

Dynamics are an important part of music!

Yes this is indeed true and one of the reasons some older recordings sound so good is because they were played really well. I have fallen into the ' I'll sort that out in the mix' Really very rarely works.
If it doesn't sound that good play it again until it does.

Bob

Regards,
Michael