Re: Re: 192kHz

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
Michael T D Nelson escribe:

The "bickering about the dynamics of CDs" could be partly due to the production used in lots of CDs - there is often a tendency to overcompress popular music (in particular) to ridiculous levels, reducing the dynamic range considerably.

[1]This is the best article I've ever read about this issue

1. http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/articles/8A133F52D0FD71AB86256C2E005DAF1C

Cordially, Ismael

I've read that article (and I've heard the Rush CDs!) and I couldn't agree more.

In general, I can't help but feel that if the engineer always needs to compress a acoustic recording, then the musician should really learn how to control the dynamics of his performance better.

Dynamics are an important part of music!

Regards,
Michael