Re: Re: 192kHz (Now a bit OT)

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
Michael T D Nelson escribe:

Dynamics are an important part of music!

In the case of classical music almost as important as melody, harmony
or rhythm themselves. Even there's a lot of minimal electroacustic
music out there where dynamics take the main part in expressivity.

Cordially, Ismael

Absolutely.

Just the other day I found some classical recordings I have on my computer (piano works by Chopin, orchestral compositions by Bach, etc), and listened to them on my new Alesis M1 active monitors.

I found that my appreciation of the recording increased immensely. (With decent speakers you notice that) well-recorded music with natural dynamics is just so much more *alive*.

Don't get me wrong - I can appreciate the value of some good loud rock, or some nice hypnotic beats, but too many producers (and mastering engineers...) compress the life out of music.

Regards,
Michael