Re: [linux-audio-user] rosegarden-4-1.0: can't seem to get any MIDI out ...

Sylvain Robitaille wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Cesare Marilungo wrote:

In Rosegarden open the dialog in composition->studio->manage MIDI
devices and check if your midi device is listed into 'Play devices'.

Listed and selected as the "MIDI output system device".

Then, in the main sequencer editor, right click on the channel you
want to play and select that device.

Done.  All tracks unmuted (just to be sure);  no output from MIDI jack.

I use an LED soldered to a DIN-5 socket as a tester, and aplaymidi
produces the expected type of LED blinking if I use it to "play" a
MIDI file.  This confirms to me (I believe) that both the hardware and
the OS level support are functioning properly.  If there's something
else I can do to provide additional confirmation whether that's true,
I hope someone will suggest it.

Hope this helps,

I'm seriously wondering about the fact that Rosegarden does not show up in
JACK's MIDI "readable clients / output ports" list, and would appreciate
confirmation of whether I should be expecting to see it listed there.

I don't have Rosegarden listed in the "readable clients / output ports" but If I play my midi keyboard through Rosegarden and then out to ZynAddSubFx it works.

c.