[linux-audio-user] Realtime kernels, and Debian

        Is there anything I?m missing?? When I wrote "recompile the
kernel for having realtime" I was thinking about simply what I have done
-- download the kernel-sources-2.6.11 package from a Debian repository,
run "make xconfig", toggling capabilities, marking the Realtime-LSM
option, and loading the "realtime" module "gid=29" (Debian "audio"
group) for running JACK as non-root. I?ve heard about patches for
realtime, but only for 2.4.x kernels. Are there OTHER patches for 2.6.x
kernels?

       Well, event if that?s true, it still means (even more)
complication for having realtime, and I still think this is not exactly
the usability expected by a normal multimedia user who would like to
move to GNU-Linux. I hope that all the big distros adopt realtime
capabilities as a default in their kernels, so the music apps should
simply invoke something like "modprobe realtime", and "voil?", you?ve
got a realtime system for your music.

       By the way, as there is a topic about Debian/DeMuDi/Ubuntu, I run
Kurumin Linux, a installable-live-CD Brazilian distro based in
Knoppix/Debian. I have installed the 2.6.11 kernel and lots of apps from
testing and unstable Debian. I use it for all my daily computing needs,
never had a serious bug, and it has been working fine for music. Would
there be really any advantage in using DeMuDi?

Thanks and regards!

Fabricio Rocha
Brasilia, Brasil

Yahoo! Acesso Gr?tis - Internet r?pida e gr?tis.