Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 14:13, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 23:02 +0100, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> >
> > > That's a perfectly valid point.  But for every disgruntled nvidia user
> > > there are 100 who are just happy to be able to play UT2004.
> >
> > Are you sure? I don't know but i've literally seen tons of complaints.
> > It scared me away and i just stick with my old g400.
>
> I am just judging from reports on LKML.  There seem to be a LOT of
> people using this driver successfully.  The consensus on LKML seems to
> be that the Nvidia driver is of high quality.  The Nvidia folks really
> seem to stay on top of kernel development, and the driver usually works
> with the latest kernel.org kernel, unlike some vendors who build one
> module for one kernel version and claim to "support Linux" because it
> works with RH9 or something equally ancient.

	We're running NVIDIA graphics cards and the NVIDIA driver on over 100
systems where I work (because no other card/driver combination can do 3D
as well - using IVS Fledermaus).  Almost all of these systems are SMP,
most are state of the art.  We have little to no problems with the
drivers.

Jan