Re: Suggestions for minimal audio player?

On 2024-09-23 20:22, Kevin Zembower wrote:
Can anyone suggest a minimal audio player, that I could keep on top of
the document that I'm taking notes on, and could be easily controlled
and display the current location in the audio file? Is there any audio
player used for transcription that would fit these specifications?
Anyone use anything for tasks such as this that they'd recommend? All I
think I need are basic transport controls (fast forward and back, jump
forward or back X seconds, stop and play, wind to beginning or end) and
the time display. An added bonus would be if I could load a whole
playlist, or a directory of audio files, all in at once, and then go
through them individually, one after the other.

Thinking of "audacious". Fork of old XMMS. Turn on classic winamp mode. Hard to get a gui more minimal than that. It works with standard keys for play, pause, etc. If you feel like it, it can be controlled with lirc (linux infrared remote control).

--
/bengan