Re: [Music] Chafe - Wildfire

On 9/3/24 11:29, Jeanette C. wrote:
Hey hey,
my virtual acoustic ensemble is back with more experimental music: Wildfire
https://youtu.be/nnDppQ3tgfU
The ensemble is a physically modelled group of instruments, set in a virtual room, using binaural spatialisation, all done in Csound.

This time the music is a mix of (free) jazz, fusion and perhaps even a few metal ideas. Tonally it uses the whole tone and whole-step-half-step scales. rhythmically it features moments of polymetric fun and a few signature changes.

If you listen to it on headphones, which is recommended, or on more or less decent speakers at a good volume, you may notice some incidental sounds of the players moving and the room creeking. it's very soft. These sounds are based on samples I recorded, but they are introduced by Csound using semi-random scheduling.

Well all is said and done: it's some fun music coming from a stormy day.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

Oh, really cool! Love the instrument sounds. Great job with your virtual ensemble. Thanks for sharing it!

Strange, but when I went directly to the link on YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/?v=nnDppQ3tgfU>, all I got was a page from YT telling me that my "YoutTube History was turned off" and it wouldn't show me the video. I'm not logged into YT, so I don't have a YT history...I guess YT's enshittification continues.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx