Re: How to mount E-Mu Proteus X / Emulator X CDs?

Hi Karl,
thanks for your quick reply. Just to see what is going on, I have looked at the
E-MU Xtreme Lead X
collection. the cue file reads as follows:
FILE "E-MU Xtreme Lead X.bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

I have tried to mount the image as an ISO9660 image and to mount it without any filesystem type:
mount -t iso9660 -o loop,ro file.bin path_to_mount_point
With the result:
path_to_moint_point: mount failed: no such file or directory
That includes with or without filetype and with or without the ro option.

I wonder if the CDs are encoded in some kind of audio CD format, but don't contain audio CD data. Or these samplers may have accepted a completely weird/oldschool format. Hm, I may just have to really delve into these samplers and see if more info is available.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I can't believe it's what I see