Re: Forcusrite Scarlett Solo: Avoid

On 29/07/2024 23:16, Worik wrote:

> I just unboxed a Forcusrite Scarlett Solo
>
> I am very dissatisfied. Before I even turn it on there are serious problems. Do not buy this, unless you familiar with the actual device
>
> There is no  documentation supplied
> The labeling of the box is woeful. No little indication which is high-z input
> Some ambiguous switches on panel ("air" WTF?)
> The mic input is on the back where it is less useful
> The promised software is not in the box (mēh!)
>
> Very disappointed in it. Not well thought through in its design, presentation or packaging
>

> Worik
I have a 3rd gen. Solo. Mine came with a leaflet. As your mic input is on the back, I assume you have the 4th gen. The manual can be downloaded here:
https://downloads.focusrite.com/focusrite/scarlett-4th-gen/scarlett-solo-4th-gen

The "Inst" button switches between instrument and line level input.
The "Air" button enables some classic pre-amp emulation.
The device, as new, can be mounted like a USB storage device - this is how you access the bundled software. This mode can be disabled later.

HTH,
~g