Advice on fitting new MIDI keyboard controller into my setup?

Good evening!

I just ordered a StudioLogic SL88 MIDI controller. (Sorry, been playing piano since age 3 and missed 88 keys!) I've been using a Yamaha PSR-225 for some sounds and entering notes. It has no controls such as pitchbend, while the SL88 has three joysticks.

I mostly use Yoshimi, Qsynth, Aeolus, and Rosegarden. Occasionally other softsynths. I'm running Debian Bookworm. I use Cadence to manage the audio and other connections.

Any advice on how I can setup my studio conveniently? The one convenience of having a keyboard that could make its own sounds was that simply turning it on was enough. Something automatic would be nice.

Ideas? Thanks.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx