Can't seem to change index of audio controller

Hello,

Got a new notebook with the following audio device amongst others:
64:00.5 Multimedia controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] ACP/ACP3X/ACP6x Audio Coprocessor (rev 63)
card 1: acp63 [acp63], device 0: DMIC capture dmic-hifi-0 []

It is using, I think, the snd-soc-ps-mach kernel module but it seems this module does not respect the index option. I'd like to give this device a higher index so it doesn't get index 0. If I use something like the following configuration in /etc/modprobe.d/ it doesn't get picked up:

options snd-soc-ps-mach index=12

Anybody any idea? And yeah, I know index is not a valid option for this module but the ALSA documentation states that all top level snd modules should respect this option. Or is this Pink Sardine stuff a whole different animal?

And for the snd-hda-intel kernel module, is it possible to discern between devices when assigning indexes? As in, the snd-usb-audio module for instance has vid and pid options to discern between different USB audio and MIDI devices based on their vendor and product ID's. This is really handy as it allows you to assign fixed index numbers to these devices. The model and id options are not suited for this, they only allow you to actually set the model and/or id. Could very well this is not possible at all but I just want to be sure.

Talking about USB, going lower than 64 frames/period floods dmesg with the following messages:
[ 1223.745771] retire_capture_urb: 2362 callbacks suppressed
[ 1223.759483] xhci_hcd 0000:66:00.4: WARN Event TRB for slot 1 ep 5 with no TDs queued?

Is there anything I could do about that or is this the very limit this system can handle? No problem anyway since I barely run lower than 128 frames/period normally and even at 64 this system is pretty stable with bigger projects. But I just like to know how low this notebook can go. It's an AMD Ryzen 7 system so USB controllers are from AMD (USB ID's are 1d6b:0002/0003)

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy