Re: Finding status of jack server with pipewire

On 23/09/2023 18:07, Chris Caudle wrote:
On Saturday, September 23, 2023 6:05:47 AM CDT Bill Purvis wrote:
If I start the modified ttymidi code before jack has got going
it falls over.
There is a tool named jack_wait which may help with that. I do not have it on
my machine currently and I have lost track of which repository carries that.
I am away from my machine most of this weekend, if you are not successful
searaching for it perhaps I can try to find it later.
OK, jack_wait is bundled with the jackd2 package on Debian. It doesn't seem to work on pipewire, though. Jack_wait -c shows 'running' as the jackdbus server
is running, but pipewire has taken over and doesn't respond as jack would.

Anyway, as the organ will be running just jack, jack_wait should fit the bill.

Many thanks
Bill   ;-)