Re: [OT] Portable MP3/mediaplayer (with speech?)

Jul 31 2023, David Kastrup has written:

"Jeanette C." <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hey hey,
my old Rockbox enabled MP3-player just broke and I'm looking for a
replacement.

Define "broke".  With specific requirements, a repair might be the least
painful path forward.
The most crippling is that the built-in media is broken, thus the firmware won't boot and apparently, something between system and headphone is not functioning. It should not be mechanical, since it was rock solid before, no mistreatment.

So the player will need a new media/processor and it would just as well do with a new battery. I suspect this is more challenging than a new player.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--
David Kastrup

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

'Cause I don't have to feel the heat of the sun
To know it's shining on me every day <3
(Britney Spears)