Re: Tenacity 1.3 (beta)

On Wed, 31 May 2023, Will Godfrey wrote:

I just want to give a shout out to this for those who don't know.

It is a fork from Audacity maintaining FOSS with no telemetry, and pushing
forward with development. It's a substantial chunk of code, and unfortunately
somewhat above my 'pay grade' otherwise I'd be in there!

However I do now use it in place of Audacity and am not seeing any issues so
far. If I do hit any, I will of course file a bug report. For those not liking
the colours there is now a menu of different themes (first time default is a
dark one).

Sounds good. It sounds like it is a combination of other forks or a joining of resources. I don't use audacity very much these days anyway but it nice to know there is a free version ouit there.

I know there is a desire to get 'proper' Jack support, rather than going
through Port Audio but it's not there yet. However, they apparently have
pipewire support - I don't use it so don't know how well that works.

In theory, PipeWire support (and Pulse for that matter) is as simple as connecting to the "default" ALSA port. PipeWire then acts as the default ALSA device. Done. The application shows up on the PipeWire "jack" graph for user routing, etc.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net