Re: Help !

On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 12:56:51PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> But you have to admit that GPT-4 very convincingly pretended to have
> taken the melody into account.

It pretended. But not very convincingly...

> Looks like its strengths could lie not as much with improving on
> homework but with improving on "the dog ate the homework".

:-)

I wonder if it even understood the musical notation I used.

And indeed if it 'understands' anything at all.

Suppose you are given a dictionary of some language you don't
know at all. It contains a description of every word but no
translations.

To keep things simple, assume it uses the Latin alphabet, and
a conventional subject / verb / object syntax.

Would you be able to find out the meaning of the words ?

Ciao,

--
FA