OT: tips for mail reader and / or address book management

Hello list!

Off topic, but maybe some of you guys got any advice?

I've mainly been using Thunderbird and Evolution as my mail readers, because they have powerful search capabilities and good folder and account management. But I find both seriously lacking in contact mangement.

Editing contacts require loads of clicks and mouse navigation to enter info to those fields I use most often: Name, email (might be multiple), phone (might be multiple), Street Address, Organization / Company, Birthday, Notes.

I'd like a spreadsheet approach instead: a simple list view of the preferred columns, right click to get a "Mail to" context and double click in a field to edit. Or something similar. And keyboard navigation, please.

I want sync across devices (that is Android phone, PC and occasional webmail) but I don't want Google, so I'm using a CardDAV address book.

Thunderbird doesn't even let me use cardDAV as default address book but saves all contacts to "Personal address book". Evolution opens contacts in a tabbed window without CTRL-TAB navigation. Etc.

So. Does anyone here have pointers to mail readers with powerful search, good folder and account management AND good contact management?

I'll happily accept personal mail to keep the OT clutter minimal. Thankful for any input.