Re: Yoshimi V 2.2.3 now released

Am 18.02.23 um 09:58 schrieb david:
On 2/17/23 7:04 PM, david wrote:
My understanding of LV2 is that it's more focused on audio plugins than MIDI plugins. I'm probably wrong, I'm sure the experts here will correct me.

No, that's just not true. LV2 plugins can do everything DSSI ones can and much more.

>>> I use Rosegarden. It supports LADSPA and DSSI. It doesn't support >>> LV2.

Well, Will never promised you a Rosegarden. ;-)

Seriously, though, DSSI is dead. Effort spent adding DSSI format for plugins should be spent in adding LV2 support to host, that do not support it yet, instead.

Chris