Re: Yoshimi V 2.2.3 now released

<big snip>
Trying to cover all bases :P

Cal forked Yoshimi in 2009. He 'officially' announced it on September 1st. I
can't remember where now. I did make a copy of it but have lost it somehow :(
Jeremy took over in 2011, and I did (with considerable reluctance) in 2014. I
said at the time I was just doing so until someone who knew what they were
doing took over - After nine years, I'm still waiting! Meanwhile I know I've
made some mistakes, but hope on balance I've done more good than harm.

There are several others who have helped out, and two in particular who have
put a lot of (very good) work into Yoshimi but they both have full-time jobs.
We still get very welcome bits of help on odd occasions.

Our LV2 implementation is somewhat basic. Andrew did the actual port, but it's a
long time since we've heard from him. We've patched it up a few times, but none
of us currently working on the code have a full grasp of LV2.

As for supporting DSSI and the like, I won't get directly involved, but others
are more than welcome to have a go at it. Personally I don't like the plugin
ethos at all and never use it - except for testing.

Talking of testing, I find the performance best to worst is:

Yoshimi + Rosegarden, ALSA MIDI, Jack audio.
Qtractor, slightly higher DSP load
Muse, slightly higher DSP load
Ardour, much higher DSP load

Ease of use:
Standalone
Muse
Qtractor
Ardour

--
Will J Godfrey {apparently now an 'elderly'}
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/