Re: [Music] Synthetic Air on a B-Thing

On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 11:49:08PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> Let me quote (I just love how Bach or his copyist smears down the whole
> 4-staff air by squeezing it on a page after ending an 11-staff
> movement).

:-) the paper must have been expensive...
Thanks for the file !

> Well, there is no reason not to try out artistic choices suggested by
> your particular instrument.

I agree. And I certainly don't want to discourage you.

Every synth player should have a go at some 'Switched on'. If only
to discover that it's not as easy as it may sound. At least not if
you want something approaching the quality of Wendy Carlos' work.
Been there myself...

IMHO for this piece, sliding the upward larger intervals results
in something that sounds overly sentimental, and that really kills
the serenity the 'Air' normally has.

Ciao,

--
FA