Re: [music] Hermann's mill

On June 28, 2022 2:01:59 AM HST, David Kastrup <dak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Jeanette!
> >
> > That was very nice. I really liked the mix of traditional-sounding
> > organ and synthesizer. I think they go together very well.
> >
> > Although I'm not going to consult a friend who is a fanatic about
> > "original instruments" and Baroque organs and utterly hates
> > synthesizers.
>
> What's his take on Hammond organs (tone wheels rotating before pickups)?
> Certainly an "original instrument", not a synthesizer, not a digitally
> sampled thing.

He hates Hammond organs. Hates their tone. He's been known to demand playing stop when it starts, and walking out if it doesn't stop.

I agree with Hammonds being an original analog instrument - I like the Hammond sound.

---
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
exploring the landscape of god
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.