Re: Multichannel analog I/O audio interface: experiences and tips

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 08:50:24PM +0200, Philippe Bekaert wrote:

> I don’t think doxygen or the like used in the kernel source is the main issue.

I agree. It is perfectly possible to provide good docs with or without doxygen.
What seems to happen regularly is that doxygen is used as a smoke screen to
make the documenation look OK while it is actually useless - 'nobody was ever
fired for using doxygen'.

> And of course everyone touching the Linux audio sources has the necessary
> domain knowledge.

Probably. That is not the case in the commercial world where it is often
assumed that any programmer can produce good code just given some formal
specifications, even if the coder doen't understand what it's all about.
As said, it's a different problem.

Ciao,

--
FA