Re: Behringer UMC1820 experiences and sync settings?

Jannis,

* Jannis Achstetter <jannis_achstetter@xxxxxx> [2022-05-30 22:20]:
> Hi,
>
> > Now I am looking for similar specs with a class compliant
> > USB connection.
>
> I know it's not a "recent" device and it's not class-compliant but if it
> matches your requirements you might want to take a look at the
> Roland/Cakewalk/Edirol UA-101. It's USB 2.0, not class-compliant but
> perfectly supported by Linux since ages and it even still runs on my
> Windows 10 machine.
Thank you, this looks like a nice interface indeed, and buying it second
hand sounds like a viable route. It seems that a mix of all outputs is
being sent to the phones output at the front[1]. Is it channels one and two? Since you
mention that it is not class compliant but "supported", does this device
have specific alsa drivers?

[1] https://dt7v1i9vyp3mf.cloudfront.net/styles/news_large/s3/imagelibrary/e/edirol3diagram-qU1jzlA5.mDKn9Rk_lPoZXmGyOHJZZLq.jpg

[...]
> The larger UA-1000 might even support coaxial SPDIF I/O, Wordclock and
> ADAT. I never had one in my hands, unfortunately.
It seems like the UA-1000s ADAT output merely mirrors the 8 analogue
outputs but does not provide more channels in addition sadly.

Thanks again Jannis!