Clients Can't Disconnect from Jack

Hello all,

I recently switched my machine over to using Pipewire+wireplumber to try it out. Long story short, I tried out Pipewire, found that I had lots of xruns when using pro-audio software, then decided that I should switch back to jack2+pulse to get my audio work done. However, I have switched back now, by uninstalling pipewire packages and reinstalling pulse and jack2 packages, and now whenever I run jack and close a jack application, the jack application's gui freezes and it seems the applications can't disconnect from jack. As an added bonus, fluidsynth software can't start anymore. This includes qsynth and ace fluidsynth in ardour. Whenever I start a fluidsynth-based application, it just freezes and can't seem to connect to jack (they don't show up in qjackctl's connections).

Does anyone here have any ideas on what may be happening. None of this was a problem before I switched over to pipewire to test things. I wonder if there is a configuration file somewhere that is causing this that maybe pipewire set. I use Artix Linux runit as my distro, so everything is up-to-date.

Thank you very much for your help or advice,

Brandon Hale