debugging pipewire (with linux-show-player)

Hi, there!

I have a problem with my pipewire installation on a debian testing machine (Thinkpad T530). And I have a very similar machine running pipewire (Thinkpad T410) which does not have these issues.

I *guess* on both machines I went to the description in how to activate pipewire. Chances are, I forgot something…

On both machines, audacious with the jack-output-plugin works.

I use the linux-show-player which has several modules to output the sound (alsa/pulse/jack). I mostly use jack to have the freedom to send specific audio to a specific channel. (In my example that's not necessary, but there are tasks I depend on it).

On the T410 linux-show-player does work as expected. On the T530 it does not. It blocks the output, no sound is heard and the time-counter stays on 0:00.

Tried pw-top, but didn't find a clue. Neither "[sudo] journalctl -f" nor linux-show-player (in debug mode) doesn't print any useful information. "pw-metadata - n settings" shows the exact same settings on both machines.

How can I debug this?

And how can I return to seperate pulseaudio and jackd, if I'm not able to debug it?

Greets!
Mitsch