Re: Bass

On 31/01/2022 20:38, ORL wrote:

Le 31/01/2022 à 10:20, Raffaele Morelli a écrit :
Hi,

not new to the list but been out for a "while" :-)

I am having fun with Ardour since last few months and wondering what do you use for bass guitar on your channel strip.
For eg. I am currently using ACE fluid synth + TamgampX

Is there any plugin I am not aware of?

Usually, I use my..... bass guitar !;) (and several processings, eq, comp, bass enhancer, there are many options on that point)

But I also use several Zynaddsubfx (for some Quentin Dupieux-like and Dancehall or Dubstep Bass), also Calf Monosynth, with which I find it really easy to build trap and cloud rap basses, or big fat basses like 80s rap (Snoop Dogg). Before I was using Alsa Modular Synth (which presets bass.ams and bass_advenv.ams are just fine, imho), I do not anymore, no good reason for that except that Alsa Modular Synth is not in my workflow anymore.
With old age creeping up on me I have migrated from conventional bass guitars, to lightweight, bodyless basses (5-string fretted and 4-string fretless) and
even they have got a bit much for me to lug about.I am currently using my
Artiphon Instrument 1 in 6-string bass played just with left hand. For sounds
I have a wide selection from the Yoshimi collections, but mostly use the
'Fretless Bass' modified so that holds the note indefinitely as long as my
finger is on the frets. No claim to being a real bass player, but it suits me!

Bill