Re: Bass

Le 31/01/2022 à 10:20, Raffaele Morelli a écrit :
Hi,

not new to the list but been out for a "while" :-)

I am having fun with Ardour since last few months and wondering what do you use for bass guitar on your channel strip.
For eg. I am currently using ACE fluid synth + TamgampX

Is there any plugin I am not aware of?

Usually, I use my..... bass guitar !;) (and several processings, eq, comp, bass enhancer, there are many options on that point)

But I also use several Zynaddsubfx (for some Quentin Dupieux-like and Dancehall or Dubstep Bass), also Calf Monosynth, with which I find it really easy to build trap and cloud rap basses, or big fat basses like 80s rap (Snoop Dogg). Before I was using Alsa Modular Synth (which presets bass.ams and bass_advenv.ams are just fine, imho), I do not anymore, no good reason for that except that Alsa Modular Synth is not in my workflow anymore.