Re: Connect pipewire to running JACK server

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 10:37 AM Tim <termtech@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/27/22 3:42 AM, Wim Taymans wrote:
> * an 8 slot lookahead windows for repositions and tempo changes (let
> clients
>    prefetch data in time)

This sounds tantalizing.

Any possibility of implementing some kind of full shared tempo map

  so that an app can read another's tempo map so that one app's time-line

  can match what another (master) app's time-line says?

I know there are some difficulties with that concept, but could they be
overcome?
Given that we've seen plugins explode because Ardour uses exponential tempo ramps (like humans do) rather than linear, I'm pessimistic.