Re: Connect pipewire to running JACK server

On 27/01/22 07:31, liebrecht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Just try and get any help from the Jack developers and you will quickly see why Pipewire is the future.
Go to Jack UG and you have to take some shampoo and Conditioner with.

With all due respect, JACK development is 100% on volunteer basis, done after work and other things, basically just keeping JACK itself alive. The jack-example-tools work an initial push from David (aka "dvzrv") as needed by ArchLinux packaging, for something I asked help 1 and half years ago. [1] There is just no time to give support, whatever people are still hanging around on community channels is all we have left.

PipeWire is a full-time job sponsored by Red Hat.

I do not think it is fair to compare the advancements, work and support given to one vs the other.

[1] https://jackaudio.org/news/2020/10/15/jack2-v1915-release-and-current-status.html