Re: Connect pipewire to running JACK server

On 25/01/22 23:02, Paul Davis wrote:
On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 3:37 PM Jeanette C. <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jan 25 2022, Paul Davis has written:
> There's some confusion here.
>
> Pipewire *reimplements* JACK, it does not connect to JACK.
I am referring to the JACK bridge as described here:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/wikis/Config-JACK#jack-bridge
Seeing that my soundcard setup is a little complicated, I'd much rather
start with that, having my normal audio in tact, until I work out how to
solve that issue.

Again, PipeWire *is* JACK and it is also PulseAudio. It it not a replacement for PulseAudio, it is a replacement for both of them. Once you are using PipeWire, everything you've read about JACK bridging etc. becomes incorrect and irrelevant.

You can though keep your existing JACK setup and bring pipewire into it, pipewire then becomes a regular JACK client.
Might be useful if one wants to experiment with pipewire early, or use pipewire's pulseaudio stuff instead of pulseaudio directly.