Re: live with keyboard

Hello Gerhard,

I think the way I would approach it is use a pd-l2ork patch. You can route all midi into it, then use a patch that will change the midi output when pressing a certain midi button. Then, you can route pd to all of your synths that you want to use. You would be building your own midi mixer.

I think the downsides to this approach is you need to know how to program with pd to do this. However, the patch would be pretty simple:

|midiin|

|spigot|

|midiout|

You would just need to use as many spigots and midiouts as you need and set the number of midi outputs you want to use in the preferences menu. When you press a certain midi cc button, you could then send 1 to whichever spigot you want to send out to, and send 0 to the rest of the spigots. You would also want to send midi offs using |flush| when changing instruments so you don't get "stuck" notes. If you want, I could even make a small patch and send it to you if you are interested.

The upsides to this approach, is you have made a custom patch that can be transformed for your own interests. You could even keep adding to the patch to build your own midi arpeggiator or gui down the line if you wanted to.

Let me know if you have any questions about this and I hope it helps,

Brandon Hale