Re: Assigning devices at boot up.

On 08/12/2020 15:30, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
Hi,

if the USB device id is different for the two usb devices then you might
just write a custum udev-rule that loads the snd-usb-audio module with
different card index parameters..

Regards,
FPS
That's my problem, the keyboards are identical models and the only thing that will distinguish them is the slot they are plugged into. I haven't got as far as plugging both in and looking if there is a correlation between the information provided by lsusb and the Alsa slot id. I think I can get them on separate hubs which might be useful. I know very little about what goes on when devices are initialised. If all else fails, I'll have to plug one into an Arduino and use
that to shift the channel number, but I had hoped to avoid going that far!

Bill