Re: Ambient: Clouds Drifting

Hey Roger!

Interesting. I am still thinking whether I should really fix First Continent. I learned a lot since making it, and it has a number of problems that I think I know how to fix, but that would be quite a bit of work. In that sense, Nocturnal Creatures is a much more mature work sound engineering-wise. So, I am glad to know someone has First Continent in their rotation, maybe I should indeed set for a remix of the album. For instance, I would really like to fix the percussion's transients, they are a little too aggressive and come off as samples and not as actual percussion, which is not a problem on Nocturnal Creatures because I've received this feedback about First Continent and changed my approach.

But also on the EQ side there is a lot to be done there.

Anyways, thanks for your kind words. I will let you know if I ever get around to reworking First Continent.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 5:10 AM Roger <gurusonic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 20/4/20 2:39 am, Hank Stanglow wrote:
> On 4/19/20 8:29 AM, Louigi Verona wrote:
>> A new project "droning"
>> <https://louigiverona.com/?page=projects&s=music&t=droning> release.
>>
>>   * Clouds Drifting on Bandcamp
>>     <https://louigi.bandcamp.com/album/clouds-drifting>
>>   * Clouds Drifting on SoundCloud
>>     <https://soundcloud.com/louigiverona/clouds-drifting>
>>
>> Using mainly Petri-Foo and Rakarrack for this one. Then Kluppe to
>> record additional phase looping.
>>
>  Your tracks have gotten noticeably better over the last several
> releases. The textures are much richer and there are stronger hints of
> melody. Keep up the good work.

I agree with this, another very relaxing mood setting piece with lovely
sounds.

I also like the direction of your less ambient pieces lately. I've been
catching up with some old and new Tangerine Dream material lately and
hear traces of recent stuff like "Mala Kunia" in your "First Continent"
which gets regular plays here.

Cheers, Roger