Re: different soundcards for in/out in alsa vs. jack

On 27.05.19 13:50, Jeanette C. wrote:
May 27 2019, Max has written:
Surprisingly it works quite well with ALSA, but not so much with jack.
Both is from Pd. Jack has a plethora of settings, so this could have to do with it and make my blanket statement above too simplistic, but I wonder is there a general design in jack which makes it harder to rund different cards for i/o or do i have the wrong settings? Where to look at?
Have you tried alsa_in/alsa_out for one of your cards? It is designed to
integrate another card into a JACK setup. If your cards have a way of
synchronising (SP/DIF or wordclock) you could also try that and use the

unfortunately not.

-C and -P options of JACK to set up different capture and playback
devices (which I suppose you are already using).

maybe - I use qjackctl or cadence, trying to keep my hands clean.

JACK tries to be VERY precise. I don't know the technical details, but I
think they could be summed up as: even if you don't hear
problems/discrepancies, it doesn't mean there aren't any.

Best wishes and good luck,

Jeanette