Re: death by ogg vorbis

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018, Jeanette C. wrote:

Nov 6 2018, Paul Davis has written:
I have a few thoughts about things to try, but wanted to see if anyone else
had any suggestions on approaches to the problem, things to look for, etc.
How about tags in the file? Different character sets perhaps?

Charactor sets have made audio files unplayable for me in the past. In particular some Irish music as happens. I also remove spaces in file names though that should not be needed for an audio server, it is for some of the things I do. Though to be honest bad charactor sets have just made those songs not show up in the list rather than freezing things.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net