Re: GxPlugins.lv2, Wayland and X (Was: Re: Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 140, Issue 9)

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018, Colin Fletcher wrote:

On 09/10/18 16:42, Len Ovens wrote:
One of the "new" gnome-isms that I hate is thew take over of of the
window decorations. I tend to use many windows on any screen and I want
to know which window has focus. I look for a desktop theme where the
window with focus has a different colour than all others. Right now I am
using orange for focused and grey for unfocused. Any gnome app I use
insists on a grey title bar no matter what the theme is and merely makes
the text slightly greyer for unfocused. This forces one to use click to
focus instead of focus follows mouse (they still don't seem to have
focus follows mind for some reason) which makes things like copying from
one window in full view to a window partly covered hard to do.

You can use libgtk3-nocss to make Gnome 3 apps use the window manager
theme under xfce (on Debian, at least: sudo apt install gtk3-nocsd).
It's also supposedly possible to add 'export GTK_CSD=0' to ~/.xsessionrc
to achieve the same result, though I haven't actually tried that.

it is a little more complex than that. after installing gtk3-nocsd, go to the upstream page: https://github.com/PCMan/gtk3-nocsd and find the directions in the README.md file. But then it works fine.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net