Re: [Music] Escape of the Hopping Rhinos

On 06/16/2018 05:12 PM, jonetsu wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 16:42:59 -1000
david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/16/2018 04:06 PM, jonetsu wrote:
Hello,

Here's a short piece, barely over 2 minutes, featuring a bunch of
rhinoceros hopping to safety, fleeing from a certain danger.

I think they made it.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/escape-of-the-hopping-rhinos

Comments welcomed !

Hmm, how about one about the Hairy Hippo of Happiness Hopping Through
Your House? Or the Bellowing Bison of Beauty Barging Into Your
Bedroom?

For me it has a hopping kind of thing, but bulky.  The 'escape' part,
the running, was suggested by Jeanette who also created the Zyn sound
used in there.

So it gave the escape of the hopping rhinos.

Ah, makes sense to me.

If you had a formulae in mind, I'm sorry that's not it.  For starters
English is not my native language.  I'll take note though that this
kind of sentence can sound formulaic to a native speaker.  It is
perhaps even found on a native t-shirt.

Not on any T-shirts yet as far as I know. I made up both of them and use them as humorous blessings for friends. The Happy Hippo one was a birthday blessing for my sister just a week ago.

Only thing they all have in common is alliteration. And the original of the one about the bellowing bison was "May the Bellowing Bison of Beauty Barge Bashfully through your Bedroom" so the contradiction between someone bellowing while being bashful appeals to me.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx