Re: Is there a LAU music directory?

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 7:20 AM, jonetsu <jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 25 May 2018 10:45:41 +0200
David Kastrup <dak@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> What does "made on Linux" even mean?  If I record stuff with brand
> microphones and a brand video camera on an acoustic instrument without
> editing and/or EQ, where is the contribution of Linux?

Is Linux such a demanding system that you have to contribute to it ?
Is the definition of 'user' updated in this context to mean someone
that contributes ? Simple users of the OS are banned ?

I also thought about that as all my synths, mixers, EQ and compressors are analog hardware . I avoid DAW's via Zoom recorders since I am on Linux computers too much already for my day job.

I may be a snowflake though as most of the users I see on forums use DAW's and plugins for soft synths, mixing, mastering etc.

Since you mentioned video though ... AFAIK its not practical to edit on hardware these days. I have not used another OS besides Linux in any capacity since the 90's so I use what's available. TBH I am struggling a bit even in the forums and may install CentOS for Davinci Resolve but that is another story. Still, Linux is a big part of that process as I also bash script video processing with ffmpeg. Definitely feels "made on Linux" to me ymmv.

Cheers.