Re: Example setup for zita-njbridge in multicast mode?

On Tue, 2018-01-09 at 18:04 +0000, Will Godfrey wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 11:26:19 -0600
"Chris Caudle" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Going through the network to jack adapter layer adds additional latency, so I'm not sure exactly what the purpose of running separate jack servers at low latency would be compared to just running a single server with higher latency settings.
I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the jack server can't make use of multiple cores, but surely multiple *severs* could each be on their own core.

JACK1 is single-core, JACK2 can spread itself out. But on my big production box, an 8-core 4GHz with 8G RAM, at last test, I was using 25% of CPU spread out evenly, but showing 75% of JACK DSP resources in use. Therefore there's a lot left over that I can't get at, with just one JACK2 process. :-)

--
Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (785)233-9977
Hear us at http://ponderworthy.com -- CDs and MP3 now available!