Re: Example setup for zita-njbridge in multicast mode?

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018, Will Godfrey wrote:

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 11:26:19 -0600
"Chris Caudle" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Going through the network to jack adapter layer adds additional latency,
so I'm not sure exactly what the purpose of running separate jack servers
at low latency would be compared to just running a single server with
higher latency settings.

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the jack server can't make use of
multiple cores, but surely multiple *severs* could each be on their own core.

Introducing a network layer adds more latency than creating a jack client with buffer that talks to two jackd servers.

I believe jackd2 can use more than one core for non-dependant strings of clients. That is, a jack aware application could split two jack strings by calling itself two clients and buffering audio between them. However, the purpose of jackd is to provide known latency. Adding workarounds to make use of more cores destroys that.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net