Re: How to keep an updated "standard" linux audio system?

On 12/12/2017 05:18 AM, john gibby wrote:
I'm kind of afraid to ask, but what do y'all think of AV Linux?  It is more like an "appliance" than a distribution.  Pluses and minuses for that, I guess.  There are no security updates; you just use what you got (and hope for the best), until you install a new version. I get the new version every year or 2.  I keep a detailed list of steps and file backups, for how to re-configure a new version for my audio/piano system.  It gives me low latency and good performance, out of the box.
I have used it and liked it.  I don't use it for my own production work simply because I need the environment as lean and simple as possible, I don't have use for most of what AV Linux gives.  If I did, I would go there very quickly and immediately, a huge amount of work is pre-done in that image.

J.E.B.