Re: How to keep an updated "standard" linux audio system?

On 01/08/2018 11:39 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 11:45:37 -0500, Peter Lutek wrote:
are there any particular caveats or helpful configuration tools to be
aware of in that distribution?
Hi,

I can't speak for Arch derivatives, but I'm a long time Arch user.
There are neither caveats nor helpful configuration tools, there is
just one thing you need to know about Arch Linux, it's aimed for Linux
experienced power users. To me it's the most user-friendly distro, but
it isn't user-friendly in an Ubuntu kind of user-friendliness. A
default install is more basic, than an install from the Ubuntu server
image, with all uncheckable packages unchecked.

Yup.  That's why I don't use pure Arch, it takes a lot more time at setup than I care to devote.  Manjaro has been doing me a lot of good for quite some time now.  Before that I used Archbang.  Manjaro includes lots of GUI config tools.  Not up to Ubuntu's GUIzation, but a lot more than pure Arch.

--
Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (785)233-9977
Hear us at http://ponderworthy.com -- CDs and MP3s now available!