Re: recommendations for output-only audio devices

On 18/12/17 17:08, Will Godfrey wrote:
On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 16:46:14 +0000
Bill Purvis <bill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm currently building a church organ, using the GrandOrgue program to
handle the software
side of things. I'm looking for recommendations for a output device
which can handle 8 (or more)
outputs. There is no requirement for audio inputs, but that shouldn't
rule out devices with
inputs, they simply won't be used. Most of the discussions I've seen on
this list seem to be
more geared to multiple inputs rather than outputs.

I'm thinking in terms of a USB device, as most of the internal sound
cards seem to be
limited to 5 outputs. Cost is a factor, but reasonable sound quality is
required.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
Pardon my ignorance, but why do you need so many outputs?
The organ has three manuals, plus a pedal board. The organist currently says he wants three pair of speakers - front, middle and back, and a big woofer in the centre! The software supports an arbitrary number of output channels, each with the option of a swell pedal to vary the volumes. I'm currently budgeting for 4 stereo amps to drive it all! It started out with only two manuals, but it doesn't cost much to add a third manual, the big problem is fitting it all into the existing case!

Bill