Hi list.
My needs:

Guitarix
Battery powered
2 Hr or better run time
Pocket sized
For live use
Latency <= 128 frames (at say 44.1Khz)

Are there any pre-built units for this sort of thing
 out there?

If not, I'd take a small embedded board, hopefully
 with enough room for stereo audio jacks, but
 I'll take mono. A midi in jack would be nice.
Any one experienced with this?

What is the state of phones these days
 for real-time audio? Is Guitarix doable?
What about input and output jacks?

As other have noted, the MOD DUO is basically built for this, needs 12V power, also needs a pretty big pocket.

If you want to try building something yourself a Raspberry (or some clone) with an USB soundcard should be able to do this, should be possible to get pocket sized.

Phones do have enough horsepower and there's the iRig sound interface to connect tele plugs so it's physically doable. No idea though if guitarix is possible to get running and no idea if latency is OK.
Some years ago Samsung had official support for jackd on their android phones, don't know if this still exists.

Regards,
Robert

Thanks.
Tim.