Re: Render and animate OctaMed songs in batch processing

Using old Haskell code by Claude Heiland-Allen I was able to generate videos for my MED and OctaMED songs from the Amiga:
  https://hackage.haskell.org/package/med-module

The package provides two executables:
  unmed2: convert MMD files to text representation
  animed: convert MMD files to tracker animations in PostScript
    See the Makefile for how to turn this into a video.
    Perfectly timed, no frame drop-out.
    No video compression artifacts thanks to FlashScreenVideo codec.
    No need for a screengrabber.
    No need for a fast machine for screengrabbing -
       although rendering with ghostscript needs unexpectedly much time.
    However, animation is pretty simplistic.

I have no binary package, so far. You have to build it using a Haskell compiler, like so:

  $ sudo apt-get install ghc cabal-install
  $ mkdir med
  $ cd med
  $ cabal sandbox init
  $ cabal update
  $ cabal install med-module -fbuildExamples
  $ sudo install .cabal-sandbox/bin/* /usr/local/bin/

You can watch and listen to the songs here:
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkiGi6Y-Lso&list=PL724571620EC414BC&index=73