Re: Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 122, Issue 24

Message: 2
From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Wouldn't do it a simple instrument tuner for this purpose?

>http://gillesdegottex.github.io/fmit/ss.html

That would be great if this one was working like it show up on the screenshots. I have tried all the instrument tuners in Ubuntu Studio - Synaptic. Only the smallest GxTuner works but not easy to get in another say exact 435Hz calibration. That is also what my project need.
But something as Voxengo Span would be fine to.
http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/
> This seems to be no frequency counter.

Your are right, But I also need a to see harmonics and that is why I mention this one - you can easily zoom in on one particular frequency an it holds the frequency figure stable in view. Compair this with the Calf Equalizers witch can not zoom in on a specific frequency and move to much even by a singel sinus.

* Please help me on my way to learn how to response on this list?

Regards Crojav

------------------------------

Message: 3
From: "Chris Caudle" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, April 25, 2017 12:03 pm, Crojav wrote:
I am looking for a "Frequency Counter"
>From your example it looks like the software you want is called a spectrum
analyzer.

You are right on that - I am looking for both a good Frequency counter and a good - functioning spectrum analyzer.

>Try Jack and ALSA Audio Analyzer (JAAA).

Also this one I tried, I think I tried all there is - what i could find in and out side Linux - Ubuntu Studio - Synaptic - Internet.

The JAAA is not workable - it is more ore funny to see what it show, but not any good to work with. I think this software is old fashion, and not up to date - regarding what now a day is posible with software. That is also why I came up with the Foxengo Span, this is really workable all function do what they have to do. The only thing is I can't use it under linux.

>But of course frequency and spectrum only apply to audio, MIDI by definition just sends a note number which can be mapped to an expected frequency if you assume standard tuning based on A3=440 Hz, so I am not sure what the reference to  MIDI in the original message meant.

Your right about that to. What i forgot to say was - that I also will count the frequency of the audio out of the ZynaddsubFx Synth. But there are way to measure midi data frequency. That why I asked for suggestions?