Re: default Jack connection between pulse-audio and ecasound

Len,
That was the help I needed; it's working now.   Thanks!!
John

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Len Ovens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 24 Apr 2017, john gibby wrote:

Hi,I tried really hard to figure this out on my own...  I have a patchbay profile
that is supposed to connect PulseAudio JACK Sink-01 to ecasound.  But, it doesn't
do it; when the computer boots, the connection I see in Jack is PA Jack Sink to
system.  I always have to manually remove that connection, and manually connect
it to ecasound (so my ecasound crossover network works with mpv media player or
whatever uses PA).

The pa-jack bridge can be set up with the connect=no commandline. I am not sure if you are using module-jackdbus-detect or setting your PAsink up manually. If you are using the above module then you need to edit the pulse config file either /etc/pulse/default.pa or a user version. The stock default.pa has a line:
load-module module-jackdbus-detect channels=2
just add connect=no to the end of that line.

If you are manually starting your sink, I use a command line like:
pactl load-module module-jack-sink client_name=PA-${cname} channels=2 connect=no

By using the client name, I can decide what the jack port will be named, so I can use jack connect with thge same name:
jack_connect PA-${cname}:front-left ${cname}-out:playback_1

NOTE: in this case ${cname} is the card name such as M66, AudioPCI or whatever.

The patchbay profile does work to connect Pianoteq to ecasound; just not Pulse
Audio Sink to ecasound.  Any ideas?  I have gotten a little familiar with the
scripts used, like pacmd and pajackconnect.  I tried to customize pajackconnect,

I prefer pactl to pacmd and would use jack_connect (or jack-plumbing) rather than pajackconnect.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net