default Jack connection between pulse-audio and ecasound

Hi,
I tried really hard to figure this out on my own...  I have a patchbay profile that is supposed to connect PulseAudio JACK Sink-01 to ecasound.  But, it doesn't do it; when the computer boots, the connection I see in Jack is PA Jack Sink to system.  I always have to manually remove that connection, and manually connect it to ecasound (so my ecasound crossover network works with mpv media player or whatever uses PA).

The patchbay profile does work to connect Pianoteq to ecasound; just not Pulse Audio Sink to ecasound.  Any ideas?  I have gotten a little familiar with the scripts used, like pacmd and pajackconnect.  I tried to customize pajackconnect, adding a new start_ecasound function that made this connection, but so far have not gotten that to work...
Thanks,
John