Re: pavucontrol (Re: Linux Audio: An overview)

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 7:47 PM, jonetsu <jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 19:42:32 +0200
Peter <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> start 'pavucontrol'   (maybe you have to install it first: sudo
> apt-get install pavucontrol)
>
> then the most right menu should be "Configuration" .
>
> There you you should see your sound cards.
> Choose the one you would like to use within jack, go the profile
> menu, where you can select between "stereo, 5.1, ..". The last option
> is "off". Once you choose that, pulseaudio releases it and it can be
> used by jack.
>
> You still have to choose that sound card within e.g. qjacktctl as the
> desired sound card. That's all I had to do.

Does this mean that the pulseaudio jack sink is no longer needed ?  I

orthogonal. the jack sink allows pulse to send audio to JACK. that's unrelated to what has just been described.

note: the technique described works, but not reliably.